Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fruitful Saturday

It’s been 45 days since I complete my MBA. Joined ADP as a business analyst immediately after completing my MBA just with a break of 5 days.

On Friday, My uncle called me and asked to prepare a business presentation for the investors about starting a training institute in Hyderabad. After participating in many business plan competitions and winning at Asia level and participating at global level, it’s not a difficult thing to do. I just had one evening to complete. I got a call in the evening at 9 PM to give a guest lecture in Silver Oaks School on Business studies and its importance for 11th standard students - from the school principal Mrs. Seetha Murthy one of the dynamic personalities that I ever met. So, I accepted that, considering it’s a privilege to have that opportunity. So, worked on both the presentations on Friday, when I saw the time 1:30 AM.

On Saturday, Missed both my jogging and car class and went to give the business presentation to more than 10 investors (IT stalwarts) about why it makes lot of sense to do the business. Then immediately went to school to talk about business studies to 11th standard students who took a revolutionary step not to go for Engineering and Medicine but for business studies. So, I took the initiative to motivate them and internalize on the importance of non science subjects (though I am an engineer from NIT) and its future wrt career opportunities. I almost spoke for 1 hour what is meant by business studies and what is the importance of it. I just wondered for the answer students gave “Being Busy” for “What is business”.

When I was in guest lecture, got a call from my uncle about the appointment that we have with Ex MP about the business plan meeting (Agriculture that I proposed and presented in US). Happened to meet him explain about the business model and importance of it. “I just got surprised when they told me that they want to invest in agriculture not in India but in US or AUS”, I just felt helpless and don’t want persuade them anymore and returned home J (then I thought I will meet only those whose thoughts are in align with my thoughts .. at least those who think doing business in rural india is important)

Ended with lot of calls when I reached home, as 26th June was my birthday for last three years, when my father called last year and told me that its not 26th but it 28th J . I came to my sister’s home away from all the business plans, NGO activities and other reading stuff and just felt free.


2 comments:

Rums said...

Dint know that being in Guest lecture committee would be so advantageous!Good going :)

Gurava Reddy said...

he he .. Ramya ..
i enjoyed talking to great people you know !

its great privilege...

One such incident is ... spent almost 1.5 hrs with Goa Ex CM, Mr.Parrikar